For Your Planet
As a guest, it is easy to make smart environmental choices when you dine at a Sodexo café. We know today's college students want to do the right thing for the planet and we also understand you lead busy lives, so your Sodexo chefs and managers do a lot of the work for you behind the scenes!
From purchasing local seasonal produce whenever possible to reducing inorganic and organic waste, your campus team is dedicated to providing you with an exceptional dining experience that is good for you and good for the planet.
This commitment was formalized with Sodexo's Better Tomorrow Plan. The Better Tomorrow Plan includes 14 commitments for a brighter future by focusing on three key priorities: health, community and planet. Learn more about the Better Tomorrow Commitments.
While your Sodexo team works hard behind the scenes, they also count on student engagement and enthusiasm to spread the word about what you're doing together on your campus. We encourage you to work with your local Sodexo management team to continue to innovate and improve sustainability efforts in your community.
Environmental Focus On Our Campus
We recognize that we have a responsibility to use our resources wisely and to protect them for future generations. Natural materials, foods, and packaging, proper farming and trade practices, and innovative recycling programs are just a few of our sustainable practices. On the Doane campus we currently:
- source produce from Loffredo's, a local company based out of Des Moines, IA. Loffredo's supplies us with fresh produce including, fruits, vegetables, and herbs that support local agriculture in the surrounding communities
- purchase Nebraska beef when available
- use Xpressnap dispensers on campus. These dispensers meet Green product requirements, are white and natural, third party certified, and the napkins are 100% recycled.
- implemented the Ecolab Apex Dishwashing System which combines technology and products designed to save water and energy, and minimize the impact of products on the environment
- Serve Aspretto Coffee in the dining hall. Our coffee is as ethical as it comes. That means every bean, and every tea leaf, is 100% ethically sourced It means the machines and the materials we use to make it and serve it meet the highest standards of environmental performance. And it means that we're looking out for the people who grow, serve and enjoy our products.
If you have additional comments or questions, please contact us. We would love to hear from you.